Wednesday, July 6, 2016

New Beginnings, New Me

I know it has been so long since I last wrote, but there have been so many changes in my life.  I wanted, and needed, to make some major changes, and when I was feeling low, opportunity came knocking at my door!

I was feeling so down and broken.  I was so stressed out with my living situation and my job and all I could think about was making a change.  I needed to make something happen.  But, when nothing was going my way, I began to feel frustrated, but I refused to give up hope.  My faith carried me through, and after a lot of praying and asking God for direction, a new job opportunity which would require me to move to an area that I was trying to move to anyway, literally fell in my lap.  I went for the interview, and was offered the job on the spot!  Again, accepting the job would mean moving and leaving my family, and I wasn't sure how I felt about that.  It was bittersweet.  But I knew that I would only be 3 hours from home and that I would still be able to visit without it being such a long trip.  So...I accepted the job, and I moved a little over a week ago!  I started my new job, and I am staying with my cousin for a month, or two, until I get on my feet.  I'm giving myself two months to save up some money and then I will look for my own place.  I am so excited about that!!!

I'm a happier person just being here.  Everything is so laid back, and everyone is always so pleasant that I feel right at home.  I feel like a weight has been lifted and like I'm really enjoying my life for the first time in a very long time.  I have stepped outside of my comfort zone and I am working a job that I don't have much experience in, but I have caught on quickly and I am truly loving what I do for a living.  It's amazing what can happen when you give it to God and release the control you think you have over your life!!!  I literally feel like a different person.  God is Good!

I do miss my family, but I am looking forward to seeing them in a few weeks.  Especially my niece and nephew!  I miss them terribly, but this was something that needed to be done, and I am so grateful that I possess the strength and courage to just step out on faith, and go!  I don't worry about what will happen because I know this is where I'm supposed to be.  This is just another stop on my journey!!!

I  appreciate all the love and concern, and asking for new blog entries!  That really means a lot to me! I will continue with the blog, hopefully more regularly, and write about all of the new things going on in my life.  Until then....

Peace & Love
Kristina

No comments:

Post a Comment