Tuesday, March 22, 2016

For "Bubba"

Sorry for the delay in my entries, but I've been a bit under the weather, and so has my laptop!  I'm hoping to get it back today.  If anyone is actually reading my blogs, then thank you for being patient!

As I've been sick and lying in bed for a couple of days, I've had lots of time to think...and that's not always a good thing!  But lately it seems that my thoughts are actually about my future, my blog, and me, so that's a good thing!  Pressing forward with positive intentions!!

I've been thinking about my friendships a lot, as well.  We all have friendships that have lasted through the years, and some that have lasted most of our lives.  I have many friends, but only a close few.  I have friends that I've kept in touch with since high school, and let's face it, most of that interaction is done mostly on Facebook.  But I'm so grateful to still be a part of their lives, even if it is only on social media.  I love seeing pictures of their children, and their families, and I gladly accept the invitation to be a part of their lives through pictures and  posts.

Some of my best friends are actually family. My cousins have known me forever, literally, and they probably know me better than anyone!  I love the friendships we have developed and those are the people that I know I can always depend on to be there when others can't, or won't.  Those are definitely some of the most important friendships I have, and will ever have.  I am so blessed to have these people in my life, and I am so appreciative for their constant love and support.

Then I have other friends, and I'm sure you do too, that I don't speak to very often. But when we do talk, we are able to pick up right where we left off.  I love that!  These people are amazing because even if you don't talk every single day, you know that you are always there for each other, and that's so special.

But there's always that one friend.  The one person that has always been there for you.  The person who never judges you and always listens to your bullshit regardless of how many times they've heard it.  They are always supportive because they know how broken you feel, or they know how truly excited you are about something.  They see to the very core of you and love you unconditionally. They are always there to lift you up, share in your joy, wipe your tears, encourage you, be your biggest cheerleader, and tell you exactly how it is, even though you might not want to hear it.  Those friends are THE best.  They force you to look in the mirror and see your true self.  Not the person you think you are, or the person others think you are.  They see the real you and they force you to see that person and embrace who you are and love yourself.  Sometimes we need this.  Especially when we are in situations that knock us down, and we fail to see our true worth or what we're capable of doing in our lives.  Our best friends always see this and give us that little push we need to get back up and try again. Often times they are our saviors, our conscience, and our strength.

I don't know where or who I would be without my best friend, and I adore her!  She is the one constant in my life, and often times, my lifeline, and I know our friendship will last forever.  Today I celebrate her and our friendship.  I want her to know how much I appreciate her and all she has done, and continues to do for me.  I love her more than she will ever know! Thank you, Bubba!  I love you more....

Peace & Love
Kristina

No comments:

Post a Comment