Sunday, April 24, 2016

Loss

I learned yesterday that one of my best friends suddenly lost his brother over the weekend.  My heart goes out to my friend and his family during their time of sorrow.  It brings back so many memories, as my friend also lost his mother when we were in junior high.  I cannot imagine what they must be going through right now.  My thoughts and prayers are with them and I pray that they are able to find some comfort and peace during this difficult time.

Loss comes in so many forms.  The death of a family member or a loved one, the loss of a pet, which is just like a family member, the end of a friendship, and the end of a marriage or a relationship can also fall under this category.  There are so many types of loss, but any form of it can cause sorrow and devastation.

I believe it's so important to let people know how we feel about them, as often as we have the opportunity because you never know if it might be the last time you see them.  None of us are guaranteed a tomorrow and I want my friends and family to know exactly how I feel about them. This is why I always say goodbye with a hug and a kiss, and an "I love you." I never want to have regrets about what I should've said or done.  And if something were to happen to me, I wouldn't want my loved ones to wonder how I felt about them.

I try my hardest to be honest with people and make sure that they know how I feel, but sometimes we take for granted that people just know.  Sometimes they don't.  So take the extra time today to tell someone how important they are to you.  Hug them a few seconds longer.  Make the extra effort to make them smile, and always tell them how much you love them and how much they mean to you if you have the chance.  We never know if it might be the last time we see them.

When I pray tonight, I will pray for my friend and his family.  I will pray for my friends, family, and loved ones.  And to those who are dearest to me...if I haven't said it to you in awhile, I love you, I miss you, and you mean the world to me!  Have a blessed day!

Peace & Love,
Kristina

No comments:

Post a Comment