Friday, April 15, 2016

What a girl wants...

When it comes to relationships, what is it that we are looking for?  The most common answers are; trust, respect, and loyalty.  But what if we dig a little deeper for that answer?!?  Some women say they want the fairy tale kind of love, but let's be serious...does that kind of love REALLY exist??  I don't think so.  Maybe I'm wrong, or maybe I've just never experienced it, but I'm still going to go out on a limb and say NO!

So, here's what I would love in a partner: (It's a long list, I know!  But I truly believe it's possible for ONE man to possess all of these qualities)

I want a man who has an AMAZING smile!  A smile that can make me grin from ear to ear just looking at it.  Ladies, you know what I mean...when your man is smiling and you can't help but smile too because it's just that freaking AMAZING!!!

I want a man with a GREAT sense of humor!  Someone who will not only laugh at my stupid jokes, and how goofy I can be (I should've been a blonde), but who can also laugh at himself.  We all do dumb things from time to time, and instead of being critical, just laugh it off!  Life should be filled with laughter.  I think this one is so important!!!

I want a man who makes me feel safe.  It's not about beating up every guy who looks at me, but stick up for me when you know I'm right, or when I'm being disrespected.  I am a strong woman who can stick up for myself, but sometimes I want my man to defend my honor and have my back.  Making me feel safe is important because YOU are my HOME.  Where you are is where I want to be, and we all want to feel safe at home.  Hold me when I'm sad, reassure me when I'm scared or worried, and console me when I feel that nothing is going right.  I will do the same for you.

I want a man who is honest.  I know we are sometimes tempted to tell a "little" lie to save face or when we are trying to avoid an argument, but PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, know that we, as women, will almost always find out the truth, and when we do, it's devastating.  And when someone lies to you, it is a sign of disrespect.  Any lie, no matter how big or small, is still a lie, and what's worse, is that it plants a seed of doubt in our minds that we can never get past.  I would rather you be completely honest with me, and hurt my feelings, than lie to me and break my heart!

I want a man who will support me.  Not financially!!!  Let me say that again...NOT financially!!! Support my dreams, my goals, and my ideas.  Some of my ideas will be goofy as hell, but support me anyway.  Your support and encouragement are what keeps me going.  It's what motivates me to be the best version of myself, which in turn makes me a better person for you and our relationship.

I want a man who listens to me.  Take a minute to ask me how my day was, because I want to know how yours was, too.  Listen to me when I have a problem, or when I'm worried about something.  It might have to do with our relationship, and it might not.  But if it does, be open-minded.  I will not criticize or judge you, but I will let you know when I'm feeling overwhelmed or if I feel that something is wrong.  Communication is so, so, so, important!!!  Just take the time to hear me out.

I want a man I can trust.  When you truly love someone, the issue of trusting them should never be an issue.  It should come as naturally as your love does.  After all, when you're truly in love, the idea of being with someone else, or talking to someone else should be non-existent.  When I am in love with you, you should know that you're the only one for me.  I will not cheat, or lie.  I will move heaven and earth to make the relationship work, and I will never give you a reason to doubt me.  If you are even thinking about cheating, then respect me enough to tell me it's over, and let me move on.  Don't waste my time.

I want a man who will respect me.  When I'm in love with you; I'm YOURS.  I am entrusting my heart, my body, my mind, and my soul to you.  Please don't ever take me for granted.  Respect me and everything about me.  Know that I will always do my best for you and I will NEVER disrespect you.  Treat me like I am the most precious thing in your life.  You shouldn't ever want any harm to come my way and you should never want to hurt me.

I want a man who loves me unconditionally.  Love me regardless of my faults.  Love me when I look good.  Love me when I'm wearing pajamas, hair up in a ponytail, with no make-up on.  Love me when I feel unlovable.  Love me even though I'm a little insecure.  Love me even though I'm not at my ideal weight.  Love me even though I'm not perfect.  Love me because YOU think I'm perfect for YOU.  Love me when my favorite college football team loses a game and you know I'm upset. Love me when I fail, and not only when I am successful.  Love me when I am brave, and not only when I'm afraid.  Love me because I love you.

I want a man who is romantic.  No, I don't need flowers all the time.  But romance to me is doing something unexpected for the one you love.  Surprising them with concert tickets, or a trip to Fiesta Texas.  Surprising them with a special dinner and their favorite bottle of wine.  Surprising them with a spur of the moment weekend getaway.  It doesn't have to be anything fancy or expensive, just thoughtful.  Expensive gifts don't matter much to me. What matters to me is the thought that's put into it.

I want a man that can't wait to talk to me.  He texts and calls because he wants to know how and what I'm doing.  He'll call just to say hi, and he knows how much I love those Good Morning text messages, because it means he's thinking about me when he wakes up.  I want to be the first person he calls when something good OR bad happens.  I want to be the last person he talks to before he goes to sleep and the first person he talks to when he gets his day started.  I know this is not always realistic, but you get the idea.

I want a man who knows that it's the little things that count.  Know that I am NOT a high maintenance girl; I'm most comfortable in T-shirts, cut-off shorts, and flip-flops.  Know that when you send me a text just to say that you love me, it will make my entire day.  Know that a forehead kiss is probably the most romantic thing you can do and I love that.  Know that I love it when you open my car door and ask the waitress to please bring me an unsweetened tea, with extra lemon, to go. Know that I love it when you play with my hair, and hold my hand.  Know that I absolutely love it when you tell me I'm beautiful.  Know what kind of trash bags I like to use, and how much I love that you stop to kiss me when you pass by me. Know that  I am happiest when you bring me a cup of coffee in the morning!  Know that as a Southern man, you MUST open the door for me!!!  Just know ME, and what makes me happy. I'm pretty easy to please!

There's so much more I could write!  Not necessarily about the things I want, but about little things that mean so much to me.  But if you're the man that is in love with me, you will be able to figure those things out in time!

With all that said, just know that if you are the man I am in love with, all of these things on my list will definitely be reciprocated.  I will love you unconditionally.  I will respect you and be honest with you.  I will always do my best to make you feel safe and be that person that you can always depend on.  I will always support you and be your biggest cheerleader.  I will surprise you with things I know you love and I will try my hardest to make you laugh and keep you smiling that smile that I love so much.  I promise to be thoughtful, caring, loyal, and most importantly, I promise to always be your friend and not forget about what makes YOU happy.  I will take care of you and always love you because I will be YOUR home.


Peace & Love,
Kristina





No comments:

Post a Comment